“Broken lives can only begin to heal once life-sustaining needs are met. Often times, a warm meal is the first step toward a changed life.”
As an organization we are committed to creating an environment that is respectful, safe and does not in any way undermine human dignity. Today House is working with community agencies, health care providers, not-for-profit and private sector individuals on a consistent and focused plan to help end homelessness in Steinbach.
– All individuals must be referred to the shelter by a supporting community partner or a health care provider. Individuals cannot self-refer to the shelter.
– The shelter is open 7 nights a week.
– Shelter hours are 5pm-8am.
– Referring agencies can call the shelter at 204-371-6989 between 12:00pm-9:00pm to arrange a time to drop off a guest between 5pm-9pm.
– Guests must depart by 8:00am the following morning.
-Our guests will be treated with respect.
– Our shelter has a limited capacity; a maximum of 4 individuals can be accommodated at a time.
– Today House has a zero tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol to maintain a safe environment.
– The shelter will be supervised in the evening and overnight by house parents.
-The house parents will welcome the guests and present them with hygiene items, shower facilities with fresh towels, clean linens, and a bed for the night.
-Laundry facilities will also be available and other necessities.
-Guests will be provided with nutritious meals.
Thank you to all those whose recommendations led to this decision.